The City Course 2012 May 21, 2012Posted by The Careers Group News in : Careers in the City, Law, finance , add a comment
The Careers Group, University of London announces The City Course 2012.
For a unique, insider’s perspective on a career in the City, The Careers Group University of London, organises a special four-day course. The programme covers investment banking, management consultancy, accountancy, commercial law, risk management, and more.
The big firms participating at this year’s prestigious City Course include:
- Financial Services Authority
- Slaughter and May
- Standard Chartered
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Bank of England
Listen to the course director, Kate Murray, talk about the week:
Read what a former QM Economics student says about The City Course:
What I valued most was the first hand experience gained in workshops with fellow colleagues on the course; allowing me to formulate my own opinion of careers in finance and not solely rely on magazines and company brochures. Personally, the most poignant aspect of the course was witnessing the calibre of my colleagues competing for the same roles I was, driving me to step up my game in my ultimate year.
Dates: 17 – 20 September 2012
Application deadline: Friday 22 June 2012
For full information and how to apply go to www.careers.lon.ac.uk/city
Professional Development Webinar May 8, 2012Posted by The Careers Group News in : Professional Development, courses , add a comment
The Careers Group will deliver its first ever professional development webinar on Tuesday 3 July 2012.
Working with Final Year Dental Students – Webinar
Kate Murray and Vinny Potter
Tuesday 3rd July 2012
3pm – 4.30pm
Big changes are occurring for Dentistry graduates. There is now high competition for jobs and a new national recruitment system. This session will help you to understand the changes in dental recruitment and develop better support programmes for final year dental students.
The course will:
1. Describe the new national recruitment process, specifically looking at the application form and assessment centre stages
2. Help you to understand how students can improve their chances in the assessment centre
3. Provide information on the options available for students who fail to get onto the dental Foundation Programme.
The course is suitable for staff within Dental Schools who advise students as well as careers advisers working in this sector.
The training is being delivered as a webinar to save you time and money on travel. The Careers Group can also lower the cost for attendees so it’s an affordable way to hear about the latest developments.
Coming up: Exploring Graduate Entry to Medicine December 15, 2011Posted by The Careers Group News in : careers advice , add a comment
If you are interested in a medical career they are now open to a wider range of people than ever before.
Accelerated medical courses are designed specifically to train graduates with a non-medical degree as doctors.
The day will help you find out about:
- Specific degrees, by talking to admissions staff, course organisers and medical students
- The major differences between the courses offered
- How to fund your medical degree
- Writing a successful application form and support statement
- The various entrance exams schools use.
Join us on Facebook, for updates and discussions.
Venue: Beveridge Hall, South Block, Senate House, University of London, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HU.
Book Training On The Essentials Of Events Management November 24, 2011Posted by The Careers Group News in : Blogroll , add a comment
The Careers Group has over 35 years experience in organising event management so if you need to organise a graduate recruitment fair, a conference, a workshop or another type of event book a place on our special workshop. The next one takes place on Thursday 1 December in central London.
The course is led by the Head of Events at The Careers Group, Clare McSheaffrey. She has over 15 years experience in organising events including three years at the Design Council.
The course will cover:
• Planning and time management
• Setting and managing a budget
• Event administration
• Marketing and sales
• Trouble shooting (contingency plans, what to do in an emergency)
The Careers Group and parents of future HE applicants August 19, 2011Posted by The Careers Group News in : Blogroll, Higher Education, careers advice, students, university , add a comment
The introduction of higher university fees has made it more critical for parents to give their children the right advice and information through the application process.
This is a daunting task. So The Careers Group, University of London has produced a workshop to help parents of future HE applicants advise their child. With over 100 years experience in the careers service sector and close interaction with graduates and recruiters we are able to provide the right expertise.
The workshop is run by careers professionals and is designed to give parents practical information and insights into the student decision making process.
If you’re a parent of a future HE applicant, find out how you can best help your child through the process of choosing the right University.
The workshop includes
- A review of the factors which inform the modern student’s university course
- An outline to help understand the media messages being produced around the graduate labour market
- A summary of useful tools to assist an HE applicant’s decision making process
- An overview of key additional resources to support and inform future HE course choices
- A run down of the UCAS process
For further information please email email@example.com or call 02078636046