Pre-Entry workshops August 10, 2012Posted by The Careers Group News in : Parents, The Careers Group Blogs, Training, university , add a comment
With the introduction of higher fees The Careers Group has experienced an increase in the number of parents wanting advice on helping their children choose the right University. In response to this need for advice and guidance we have successfully designed and delivered University Challenge workshops.
The workshop presents unbiased, practical information which includes:
- a review of the factors which inform their child’s university course choice
- ways to improve understanding of the diverse information provided by the media about higher education and the labour market
- an outline of the UCAS process
- advice on personal statements
- useful tools to assist with decision making.
So far The Careers Group has delivered over 15 workshops which have been attended by over 155 parents.
University of London Postgraduate Open Evening September 27, 2011Posted by The Careers Group News in : Higher Education, students, university , add a comment
The University of London Postgraduate Open Evening takes place at Senate House, Malet Street, University of London, WC1E 7HU on Wednesday 16 November 2011 from 4pm to 7pm. Organised by The Careers Group, it is for anyone considering applying for a postgraduate course and is free.
There will be display stands from individual Colleges of the University of London, with representatives available to answer any questions as well as a number of talks.
The participating colleges are
- Birkbeck, University of London
- The Central School of Speech and Drama
- Courtauld Institute of Art
- Goldsmiths, University of London
- Heythrop College
- The Institute of Cancer Research
- Institute of Education
- King’s College London
- London Business School
- London School of Economics and Political Science
- London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Queen Mary, University of London
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal Holloway, University of London
- The Royal Veterinary College
- St George’s, University of London
- School of Oriental and African Studies
- The School of Pharmacy
- School of Advanced Study
- University of London Institute in Paris
- University of London International Programmes (Distance Learning)
- University Marine Biological Station, Millport
The Careers Group and parents of future HE applicants August 19, 2011Posted by The Careers Group News in : Blogroll, Higher Education, careers advice, students, university , add a comment
The introduction of higher university fees has made it more critical for parents to give their children the right advice and information through the application process.
This is a daunting task. So The Careers Group, University of London has produced a workshop to help parents of future HE applicants advise their child. With over 100 years experience in the careers service sector and close interaction with graduates and recruiters we are able to provide the right expertise.
The workshop is run by careers professionals and is designed to give parents practical information and insights into the student decision making process.
If you’re a parent of a future HE applicant, find out how you can best help your child through the process of choosing the right University.
The workshop includes
- A review of the factors which inform the modern student’s university course
- An outline to help understand the media messages being produced around the graduate labour market
- A summary of useful tools to assist an HE applicant’s decision making process
- An overview of key additional resources to support and inform future HE course choices
- A run down of the UCAS process
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02078636046